The Yonge and Summerhill neighborhood is an enclave for some of our most vibrant shops and elegant restaurants catering to the Toronto’s movers & shakers, movie stars and local celebrities both young and elderly. The area is named after the ‘Summer Hill’ house, a beautiful Regency cottage coach house built in 1842 by Canadian transportation baron Charles Thompson, though a modest building in comparison to the grandeur of the Casa Loma castle nearby. The ‘Summer Hill’ house and its distinctive slate roof can still be seen from the south end of the Rosehill Reservoir and this neighbourhood has been noted as a position of prominence among Toronto residents ever since.
Summerhill not only boasts scenic ravines, tree-lined parks but is also filled with cafes, pubs, shops and restaurants waiting to be discovered by the gastro-adventurous and well-heeled window-shoppers. Located near the Summerhill TTC station that opened in 1954, the neighbourhood is landmarked by an iconic Toronto clock tower perched above an LCBO liquor store, which exhibits a beautiful example of European beaux-arts architecture. Designed by architects Pearson and Darling in 1916, the duo also went on to build other notable landmarks in downtown Toronto including the original building of the Art Gallery of Ontario, Commerce Court North and parts of the Royal Ontario Museum. Come discover why The Davies is worth a discerning look if you’re planning to buy a luxury condo near Summerhill Rosedale Toronto.
Best restaurants and shops to visit at Yonge and Summerhill in Rosedale Toronto
What to do after moving into The Davies? Shopping and dining is top of the list and there are a number of amazing establishments in the area, with the Yorkville shopping district and the Bloor St strip in close proximity.
- Furniture: Embracing The Davies luxury living lifestyle could mean some new additional décor pieces around your new iconic condominium. Discover the array of furniture and furnishing stores to express your inner Victorian and European interior designer Casa Loma-esque flair. From stores ranging from Putti Fine Furnishings, Most Furniture, Department of Interiors, Artifacts, Of Things Past and Decorium, the list of shops in Summerhill isn’t short. From the luxurious and high quality products at Department of Interiors and Decorium to the vintage and antique home décor at Artifacts, you’ll find something alluring, unique and prestigious to fit perfectly in your Davies condo.
- Hair and Beauty: Need a rejuvenated lift and something beautiful beyond your weekly manicure pedicure? Make your way over to see Mirian’s team at Gee Beauty to try their own line of cosmetics and skincare line along with your customized consultation. Or saunter over to Beauty Bar of an extensive list of beauty facials or medical spa services before visiting master salon owner Jini Jung’s hair studio for their signature low maintenance hair styles and vegan, cruelty-free & ammonia-free hair care products. For an all-around pamper-perfect getaway, Civello’s body glow services, aromatherapy massages or Aveda sensory rituals will inspire you to look and feel your best during any day of the week.
- Markets and Specialty Stores: Looking for weekly inspiration, catering a special soirée or needing your groceries delivered? Experience the culinary collection and personalized services at fabulous market stores such as All The Best Fine Foods or Summerhill Market nearby for the Davies condo residents. For an exclusive small-shop spending spree, check out Olliffe for a custom butchery experience, recognized as one of Toronto’s top fine meat purveyor for savoury meats, game, poultry and lamb from Canada’s best local farmers. Or the prestigious Pisces Gourmet store, crown jewel of the Shops of Summerhill area features stunning smoked fish, caviar, lobster, skinless & boneless Lake Erie pickerel and gleaming Greek-farmed branzini that’s sure to satisfy and impress everyone.
- Fine Dining: Partnerships, mergers, acquisitions and successful ventures all in a week’s work? Enjoy the expansive selection of Tuscan and trophy wines complimented by Roman-inspired food and outstanding service at Sotto Sotto, one of Toronto’s adored dinner destinations. Or enjoy black truffle butter filet mignon at nearby Morton’s Steakhouse, finishing off your meal with its historical perfect molten lava chocolate cake topped with honey vanilla ice cream. Other fine dining establishments in Summerhill include Cibo Wine bar, Joso’sor Buca Osteria & Bar for mouthwatering seafood or the extraordinary Scaramouche Pasta Bar & Grill with complimentary valet service to entertain or celebrate special occasions. For larger parties or meetings, don’t forget to take advantage of the elegant entertaining space available in the Davies condo with its adjacent catering kitchen to exclusively cater for a personalized culinary experience.
- Cafes & Pubs: The cafes and pubs of Summerhill really make up the essence and the “je ne sais quoi” of this iconic and vibrant Toronto neighbourhood. Though landmark favorite Caffe Doria closed its doors in 2015, there are plenty of other sultry cafes to satisfy the caffeinated sweet tooth in your family. Enjoy a fresh croissant or sausage rolls from Le Petit Gourmet with real chunks of onion and perfectly seasoned sausage wrapped in a perfectly flaked dough pastry. Need something to-go en route to the office? The local Starbucks or alternative Havana Coffee Bar feature fresh lattes and cappuccinos with a great selection of outsourced local fresh pastries. Pub fare at The Rebel House, Pastis, The Monk’s Table and recently opened Barnsteiner’s, a Summerhill bistro from the owners of Corner House are also worth a visit if you are buying a new condo near Summerhill Toronto. The patio at Boxcar Social is perfect for lounging and like a wine menu, offers a selection of coffee beans from which you’d like your coffee prepared from. Other spots like Black Camel, Balzac’s Reference Library, 9 Espressos and Zaza Espresso in nearby Yorkville are also worth checking out.
From the hipster trendy to Toronto’s most happening’ hot spots, the Yonge and Summerhill area is fantastic for residents of The Davies luxury condo for metropolitan luxury living. Drop by The Davies sales office or call 416 873-0862 for an appointment today.