With a population of 2.7 million people, Toronto is the largest metropolis in Canada. The population is as diverse as you can possibly imagine, with immigrants making up almost half of the city’s inhabitants. As a result, Toronto is renowned for much more than its skyscrapers, and has emerged as one of the most economical and culturally powerful cities. Located in Southern Ontario’s “Golden Horseshoe”, Toronto experiences some of the country’s hottest summers and coldest winters. Despite the extreme weather, the city continues to offer a high quality of life and provides a number of unique opportunities for visitors and residents alike.
6 Reasons to Move to Toronto
Toronto prides itself on being the unofficial capital of Canada. It boasts a wide range of food, arts, and cultural experiences; truly making it one of the world’s most dynamic cities. Here are a few reasons why Toronto is the perfect place to call home:
- Highly Educated: Toronto has one of the most educated populations in the world. The city is home to four colleges and four universities, including the University of Toronto - Canada’s largest university. Residents are highly regarded for their academic success and over half of Toronto’s employees have earned university degrees.
- Employment Opportunities: As the city grows, job opportunities continue to rise with it. Toronto holds a lot of potential for those who wish to pursue a career in business. Other notable industries include finance, international research, pharmaceutical, and information technology. However, these dominant sectors are not the only ones that thrive in the city. Toronto has become an ideal place for young entrepreneurs to bring their ideas to life.
- Multicultural: Over half of Toronto’s population was born outside of Canada, making it one of the most multicultural cities in the world. The geography is made up of 230 neighbourhoods that each have their own distinct style and character. As a result, it is not uncommon to come across individuals whose native language is something other than English. Currently, there are over 140 languages and dialects that are spoken in the city with the most popular being Chinese, Italian, Filipino, Punjabi, and Portuguese.
- World-class Dining: If you want to experience authentic cuisine, look no further than Toronto. From Chinese dumplings to Italian pasta, and tandoori chicken, the food is as diverse as the people who make up this city. Toronto is also home to the St. Lawrence Market, one of the best food markets in the world.
- Nightlife and Entertainment: The city truly comes to life when the sun goes down. There are several pubs and nightclubs located in different pockets to keep you entertained until the early hours of the morning. If bars are not your scene, Toronto is home to a number of museums and art galleries to satisfy your cultured taste buds. Additionally, there are many events and festivals all year round, from The Toronto Jazz Festival to the world famous Toronto International Film Festival.
- Safe Community: Considering its immense size, Toronto is one of the safest cities in the world to live in. It has a significantly lower violent crime rate when compared to any major U.S. Metropolitan area. Furthermore, Toronto is also fortunate to experience a low robbery rate.
Ready to Make Toronto Your Permanent Home? Reserve Your Luxury Condo at The Davies
If you are in the market for a condominium that is centrally located in a family-friendly neighbourhood, you have come to the right place. Settle into your new home at The Davies, a nine storey luxury condo that boasts incredible views of Toronto’s skyline and the surrounding Robertson Davies Park. Located on Avenue Rd. at Cottingham, the building is situated only blocks away from some of the city’s most popular shops and restaurants in Yorkville. Additionally, from The Davies, you are just a short walk to Summerhill subway station where you can take a ride on the TTC and explore the rest of what Toronto has to offer.
For more details on this new condo project in Toronto, contact The Davies at 647-360-9588 and schedule your appointment or register online for more information. Explore the neighbourhood and discuss available options for your new home with our team.