Ready to escape the hustle and bustle of Toronto city life and relax with a mid-day quintessential British tradition fit for a king or queen? Discover some of Toronto's best hotels and restaurants offering London-luxurious midday spreads without leaving for London, New York or Paris. It’s a great way to treat yourself before a mid-evening stroll to Yorkville or the Dupont neighbourhood for dinner or drinks. Towering displays of beautiful finger sandwiches, delicate scones, curated tea collections or champagnes will always hit the spot for tourists and condo residents of downtown Toronto.
Check out our top favorite picks for afternoon tea in the city, perfect for families, corporate gatherings, bridal and baby showers or just a get-together with friends.
Hottest High Tea Spots in Toronto for residents of new condo developments in Downtown Toronto
- Windsor Arms: Looking for a classic, quiet and discreet spot frequented by celebrities? The Windsor Arms never disappoints and is one of the favorite tea spots in the city with it’s pretty flowered pots and teacups, pinwheel smoked salmon mini sandwiches and goat cheese & caramelized shallots tarts are savored. Opt for a comfortable low-key experience in the French-style lobby tearoom, or a more formal affair in the Russian Red Tea Room. For the philanthropic, they also host charity events with the Look Good Feel Better program in support of women with cancer. Gluten-free is also available if you call at least 24 hours in advance.
- Price: $31- $50 depending on the day of the week
- Daily at 12:30pm, 1pm, 3pm, 3:30pm
- Location: Windsor Arms Hotel Tearoom
- Casa Loma: Looking for a more unique tea experience with the splendor and splash of old-world Europe at Toronto's most famous and majestic castle? Casa Loma offers seasonal high tea event alongside a 18-ft cake stand, signature selection of teas and features live musical entertainment as well. Perfect for residents of Toronto condo developments to spend roaming the luscious garden, 800 ft tunnel and secret passageways of Canada’s most famed castle.
- Price: $35 including taxes and gratuity
- Season: check their event calendar for details. Plan ahead - these events often sell out
- The King Edward Hotel: Considered one of the grand dames of Toronto hotels, the King Edward Hotel prides itself in being the city's oldest tearoom. Have fun practicing your fake British accent while ordering the signature King Edward Blend signature tea complete with its floral jasmine notes and finished with rose petals while nibbling on asparagus pinwheel sandwiches and or classic cream scones. Remember to keep the pinky finger up while having the lobster and shrimp brioche or smoked salmon and cucumber with cream.
- Price: $42 to $59 for adults and $20 for children
- When: Friday to Sunday from 2:30pm to 5pm
- MoRoCo Chocolat: Looking for a twist to the quintessential British team experience? You will find it at MoRoC, a fine chocolate, sweet shop and chocolate lover’s paradise nestled in the heart of Yorkville. This hot spot features hundreds of sinful cacao temptations and the decor is best described as Alice in Wonderland meets Parisian Rock 'n Roll. Whether it's the chocolate fountain, childlike bourgeois interior or the old-world service by the staff, an experience at MoRoCo Chocolat is not complete without their savory sandwiches, house-made scones and decadent sipping chocolate. There's something undeniably romantic and wonderfully magical about a high tea experience here that will entertain even the most jaded high tea connoisseur
- Price: $35 to $58
- Tuesday to Sunday, all day
Residents of The Davies luxury condos will find it effortless to follow the British tradition and relax mid-day with the wide selection of restaurants serving afternoon high tea in Downtown Toronto. Call or book an appointment with The Davies sales office at 416 873-0862 for more information to make this lifestyle a reality.